AJP ADGS WORLD TOUR RANK DEFINITIONS 2022-2023
BEST OF THE SEASON
The ADGS World Tour tournaments, also called Abu Dhabi Grand Slams, are the most important annual Jiu-Jitsu events. Grand Slam tournaments are operated by Abu Dhabi Jiu-Jitsu Pro (AJP) directly.
They offer the most ranking points, prize money, public and media attention, the greatest strength and size of field, and greater number of "best of" fights.
The Abu Dhabi Grand Slam World Tour itinerary consists of Rio de Janeiro, Miami, Tokyo, Shanghai, Sydney, London and Abu Dhabi, and it is limited for Purple, Brown and Black Belts.
The entry system in ADGS World Tour events has also been updated. Athletes will have to qualify through points acquired in local events such as National, Regional, International and Continental series.
The ADGS Rio de Janeiro, London and Abu Dhabi will be classified as Prime stops offering to the winners 3000 points and so on.
The Abu Dhabi Grand Slam ranking is set by weight classes instead of a single ranking for each belt color. At the end of the 2022/2023 season, the best athletes in each weight class will receive an award.
ABU DHABI GRAND SLAM WORLD TOUR RANK
1. Ranking System
- Athletes sum points from all events which take place during the 2022/2023 season
- Limited to Purple Belts*, Brown Belts, Black Belts (Professional and Masters). *Youth Purple Belts are allowed to fight in the Professional Division
2. Qualification System
- Athletes need to acquire points through participation and results on regional events (National, Regional, International, Continental).
3. Awarding System
- Each Stops has prizes by Weight Class
- End of the season award will be handed out to best athletes in each weight class within a belt color.
- Fighters alone in a bracket will be moved to an upper divisions.
Exception where points will be given:
- In a case where divisions cannot be merged such Women 95kg or Men 120kg, the points will be credited.
- Special cases will be checked by AJP Committee and points can be credited.
- Divisions with 2 (two) players will run normally, players won't be moved to next division.
- Cases where belts divisions are merged, the points will be credited according to the current fighter's belt.
- Cases where ages categories are merged, the points will be credited according to the current age registered. If a players is moved from Master 1 to Professional, the points will be credited to Master 1 Rank.
- Ranking points will not be transferred from one belt rank to the next one.
- Ranking points will not be transferred from one age division to another.
- If a fighter changes age group or belt division during Season Qualification period he/she loses all points in the ADGS World Tour Rank and has to start with 0.
In case of equality of total RANK points, the higher ranking will be decided by:
1. The highest sum of the first place position on Abu Dhabi Grand Slam Prime stops.
2. The highest sum of the medals from all Abu Dhabi Grand Slams.
3. The highest sum of the wins from all Abu Dhabi Grand Slams.
4. The highest sum of submissions from all Abu Dhabi Grand Slams.
5. The highest sum of points on matches won from all Abu Dhabi Grand Slams.