AJP TEAMS CUP REGULATIONS
The AJP Teams Cup are organized as a Team Competition System:
WEIGHT AND BELTS CATEGORIES:
MEN’S TEAM PROFESSIONALS (PURPLE - BROWN -BLACK BELT)
- Weight: -56kg, -62kg, -69kg, -77kg, -85kg, -94kg, -120kg
WOMEN’S TEAM PROFESSIONALS (PURPLE - BROWN/BLACK BELT)
- Weight: -49kg, -55kg, -62kg, -70kg, -95kg
ACADEMIES ARE ONLY ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE QUALIFIER OF THE CONTINENT WHICH THEY ARE REGISTERED ON THEIR AJP MEMBERSHIP PROFILE.
EVERY TEAM IS OBLIGED TO REGISTER 2 NATIONAL ATHLETE'S, from the country where the team is registered.
IN EVERY ROUND CONTEST (1) NATIONAL ATHLETE HAS TO FIGHT.
I.E. TEAMS FROM JAPAN willing to participate in the AJP asia qualifiers HAVE TO INCLUDE a minimum of 2 JAPANESE ATHLETES.
General conditions and club membership
In order to participate in the AJP Teams Cup, the athletes must be a registered member of the club during the current Season, and at the Nominal Entry deadline specified on www.ajptour.com
Athlete's are not allowed to represent more than one team during the AJP Teams Cup current season (December 2021 - January 2023).
ACADEMIES - CLUBS - TEAMS
Teams can be created between two or more academies. It is allowed to create partnerships with companies in the private sector, choosing a name under the approval of the AJP board.
The teams will confirm the participation, and register their athletes on the event page at ajptour.com until the deadline.
• Deadline: ajptour.com (athletes can’t be add after the deadline)
Clubs must have a minimum of 7 players to participate, one per weight class, and a maximum of 14 players, two per weight class in the Men's division
Clubs must have a minimum of 5 players to participate, one per weight class, and a maximum of 10 players, two per weight class in the Women's division
• Athletes must be born in 2006 and before - purple belt rank
The times and place for check-in and accreditation are specified at the event's page. Full teams delegations must complete check-in within the time limits provided, and make their way for athlete's weight in.
The final list of the team, minimum of seven (7) men's players and five (5) women's players, is confirmed with the AJP official at the accreditation. The athlete's on the final list of the team, can only be chosen from the registrations list at ajptour.com.
Place and time for weigh-in can be found in the event’s page.
The weigh-in will be organised by teams, the full team must be presented for the weigh-in and the weight of the athletes must fall within the limits of their category to which they belong to.
• Presenting themselves after the closing of the weigh-in, cannot participate.
• Can present themselves multiple times on the scales during the official weigh-in.
- Athletes will be moved to a higher weight division if overweight, as long as their team has a spot available on the next division.
• Must present their AJP accreditation and PASSPORT or Official document (National ID, driver's license) showing full name, nationality , photo and date of birth at the official weigh-in.
If the athlete's nationality does not match with the one registered in his AJP account, the athlete will be disqualified and the team may use a substitute previously registered in the AJP Teams Cup to guarantee his participation in the event according to the quota.
During the weigh-in, if one or two players from the same weight division are overweight or did not show up, but the team has a player on the lower weight division that can cover the empty division, the club shall use this player, but his weight division will remain officially on the same registered weight. In this case the team shall not have any athlete representing the team in more than one division in the same contest.
The fee for each club participation will be determined by AJP. Fees will be applied by teams, and not by individuals.
The tournament format shall follow the criteria below:
- Two teams: Best of three contests
- Three to five teams: Round Robin (one pool)
- Six to ten teams : Round robin with two groups, where the best two teams of each group advance to semi-finals.
- Eleven teams or more: Double elimination format with repecheage from quarter-finals.
Duration of Individual Contests
Duration contests: 5 minutes, using AJP scoring system.
Line-Up of the Team
Before each team contest the team leader must present to the Bracket Manager the line-up of the team, and signed the official list where won't be allowed any more changes. At each round teams has the right to replace one or several athletes.
Athletes are eligible to represent the team on their registered weight, as well one division above. It is not allowed to compete in two weight categories during the same contest.
Ex: Players registered on 56kg can compete in one contest at 56kg, and in another contest at 62Kg.
All athletes in the line-up for the team entering the mat for the official bow have to compete. If one athlete does not compete, the team will lose by disqualification 0 - 4. On this situation it will be counted as submission for draw criteria. In this case the athlete will be disqualified from the rest of the competition.
During the event, after the first round, in case of injury or non show up players, a minimum of (4) athlete's is mandatory to continue on the competition.
If one team does not arrive for the match, the other team will be declared the winner by walkover.
The team contest consists of 1 individual contests for each weight division in their respective categories.
The number of individual contests won will decide the winning team
• Win by Submission = 4 points
• Win by Walkover = 4 points (counted as submission)
• Win by Points = 3 points
• Draw = 1 point
• Loser = 0 points
- Disqualification = 4 points (counted as submission)
- Double disqualification = 0 points for both teams
At the end of the contest, the team who scored the most points shall be declared the winner of the contest.
If all fights in a contest end up in a draw, the golden score system will be implemented to decide the winner between the two competitors of the last weight division, first to score during the one minute time will be the winner. If the draw remains the referee will decide the winner of the fight.
In case of a draw in points, the following criteria will be applied:
1. Number of submissions
2. Sum of points in winning matches
3. Fastest submission
4. Head to head
The brackets draw will take place before the competition and shall be online up to 24 hours prior to the event.
AWARDING & PRIZE MONEY
The AJP shall provide for the medal ceremony:
• First place: Gold medal
• Second place: Silver medal
• Third place: Bronze medal
Every medallist team can take part at the awarding ceremony with 1 coach.
It is strictly forbidden for athletes on the podium to bring clubs flags or the similar identification other than the one represented in the regular manner on their equipment. Any demonstration of religious, political, personal or commercial sign is prohibited and so is wearing a cap or any other belong.
Teams placing 1st, 2nd and 3rd will receive prize money as follows:
• First place: TBC
• Second place: TBC
• Third places: TBC
Prize money if available, will be paid by bank transfer / Paypal not later than 10 (ten) days after competition according to bank details sent by Club to AJP Head Office. After receipt of payment, Club will have obligation to send signed Acknowledgement (AJP Finance Department will send the form). If the club chooses to be paid through PayPal, he will be accountable for the tax deductions.
The winner team of the qualifier will be automatically placed at the main bracket/head of group, for the World Teams Cup in Abu Dhabi.
GI CONTROL (KIMONO)
All athletes must compete in AJP Approved GI.
It is mandatory to every athlete to bring a white kimono and a colored kimono(blue kimono or black kimono).
All the athletes of the same team must enter the contest with the same color of kimono. It will be checked prior to the fight.
• If an athlete does not respect the GI rules, the athlete will not be permitted to pass the GI Control. The athlete will have 3 minutes to change, otherwise he will be disqualified from the contest, without chance for replacement, and the team will begin the contest losing by 4 points counted as submission.
Markings and Advertising
Please note: On all advertising spaces it is strictly prohibited to promote tobacco, alcohol, any substances listed in the doping code, or any product or service contrary to public morals.
Detailed information is available at AJP website.
Code of behavior of coaches as defined in the AJP Tour Regulations will be strictly observed, inclusive the Dress Code.
• One coach will be allowed at the field of play during the competition.
• It is not allowed to speak with the referee during the fights.
- Coaches are not allowed to request the VAR, it is up to the referees to use it.
• Coaches are not allowed to speak with the coach of the other team during the fight.
• The use of any profanity while instructing your athletes is prohibited. Nor for the opposing athlete, officials and referees of the organization.
• If a coach doesn't follow these rules, she/he can be expelled from the competition area.
• If coaches persist with such behavior the AJP Accreditation will be taken away for the day. If the coach still persists with this behavior from outside the competition area, she/he could be penalized further.