AJP TEAMS CUP REGULATIONS
The AJP Teams Cup are organized as a Team Competition System:
THE CHAMPIONSHIP WEIGHT AND BELTS CATEGORIES:
MEN’S TEAM PROFESSIONALS (PURPLE - BROWN -BLACK BELT)
Weight: -56kg, -62kg, -69kg, -77kg, -85kg, -94kg, -120kg
WOMEN’S TEAM PROFESSIONALS (PURPLE - BROWN/BLACK BELT)
Weight: -49kg, -55kg, -62kg, -70kg, -95kg
ACADEMIES ARE ONLY ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE QUALIFIER OF THE CONTINENT WHICH THEY ARE REGISTERED ON THEIR AJP MEMBERSHIP PROFILE.
FOR QUALIFIERS EVERY TEAM IS OBLIGED TO REGISTER 2 NATIONAL ATHLETES ON THE TEAM, AND IN EVERY ROUND CONTEST 1 ATHLETES HAS TO FIGHT.
I.E. TEAMS FROM JAPAN willing to participate on AJP asia qualifiers HAS TO INCLUDE a minimum of 2 JAPANESE ATHLETES.
General conditions and club membership
In order to participate in the AJP Teams Cup, the players must be a registered member of the club during the current Season, and at the Nominal Entry deadline specified on www.ajptour.com
Once an athlete signs for a club he is bound for AJP Teams Cup current season to this particular club and he cannot be transferred to another club for AJP Teams current season, or in running calendar year. An athlete who would sign for more than one club without the official release permission from his current club in particular year will be suspended from participation in AJP Teams Cup events in that season.
ACADEMIES - CLUBS - TEAMS
Teams can be create between two or more academies. Also, a partnership with a company brand, and have the name of the teams as it like, under the approvevement of AJP.
The Club shall confirm the participation and nominate their participating players by registering their players on the event page at www.ajptour.com until the deadline.
Team registrations (online)
• Deadline: ajptour.com (athletes can’t be add after the deadline)
Clubs must have a minimum of 7 players to participate and a maximum of 14 players are allowed.
• Athletes must be minimum 15 years and purple belt (Born in 2006 and before). Nominal registrations is limited from a minimum of 1 player per weight division, and up to 2 players per weight division.
The times and place for check-in and accreditation are specified at the event's page. Club delegations must arrive and check-in within the time limits provided.
The final list of the team, minimum of seven (7) players, is confirmed with the AJP official at the accreditation. The competitors on the final list of Club can only be chosen from the nominal list entered in ajptour.com.
The fee for each club participation will be determined by AJP.
The tournament format shall follow the criteria below:
- Two clubs: Best of three
- Three to five Clubs: Round Robin
- Six to ten Clubs: Round robin with two groups, where the best two teams of each group advance to semi-finals.
- Eleven teams or more: Double elimination format with repecheage from quarter-finals.
Duration of Individual Contests
Duration contests: 5 minutes, using AJP scoring system.
Line-Up of the Team
Before each team contest the team leader must present to the Bracket Manager the line-up of the team. At each round he/she has the right to replace one or several competitors by other competitors.
Players are eligible to represent the team on their registered weight, as well one division above. But are not allowed to compete in two weight categories during the same contest.
Ex: Players registered on 56kg can compete in one contest as 56kg, and in another contest as 62Kg.
All competitors in the line-up for the team entering the mat for the official bow have to compete.If one competitor does not compete the team will lose by disqualification 0 - 4. On this situation it will be counted as submission for draw criteria.
A competitor, who has presented himself for the contest and does not compete, loses the right to compete for the remaining contest of the event. If one team does not arrive for the match, the other team will be declared the winner by walkover.
The team contest consists of 1 individual contests for each weight division in their respective categories.
The number of individual contests won will decide the winning team
• Win by Submission = 4 points
• Win by Walkover = 4 points (counted as submission)
• Win by Points = 3 points
• Draw = 1 point
• Loser = 0 points
- Disqualification = 4 points (counted as submission)
- Double disqualification = 0 points for both teams
At the end of the contest, the team who scored the most points shall be declared the winner of the contest.
If all fights in a contest end up in a draw, the golden score system will be implemented to decide the winner between the two competitors of the last weight division, first to score will be the winner. If the draw remains after the one minute golden score, the referee will decide the winner of the fight.
In case of a draw in points, the following criteria will be applied:
1. Number of submissions
2. Sum of points in winning matches
3. Fastest submission
4. Head to head
The brackets draw will take place before the competition and shall be online until 24 hours prior the event.
Place and time for weigh-in can be found in the event’s page.
The weigh-in will be organised by teams, the full team must be presented for the weigh-in and the weight of the athletes must fall within the limits of their category to which they belong to.
• Presenting themselves after the closing of the weigh-in, cannot participate.
• Can present themselves multiple times on the scales during the official weigh-in.
- Athletes will no be moved to a higher weight division if failed the scale
• Must present their AJP accreditation and PASSPORT or National ID Card showing nationality and date of birth at the official weigh-in.
During the weigh-in, if one or two player from the same weight division fail on the scale, or did not show up, but the team has a player on the lower division that can cover the empty division, the club shall use this player, but his weight division will remain oficialy with the same registered weight. In this case the team shall not have any player representing the team in more than one division on the same contest.
AWARDING & PRIZE MONEY
The AJP shall provide for the medal ceremony:
• First place: Gold medal
• Second place: Silver medal
• Third place: Bronze medal
Every medallist team can take part at the awarding ceremony, and 1 coach is allowed to join.
It is strictly forbidden for competitors on the podium to bring clubs flags or the similar identification other than the one represented in the regular manner on their equipment. Any demonstration of religious, political, personal or commercial sign is prohibited and so is wearing a cap or any other head cover.
Teams placing 1st, 2nd and 3rd will receive prize money as follows:
• First place: TBC
• Second place: TBC
• Third places: TBC
Prize money if available, will be paid by bank transfer / Paypal not later than 10 (ten) days after competition according to bank details sent by Club to AJP Head Office. After receipt of payment, Club will have obligation to send signed Acknowledgement (AJP Finance Department will send the form).
GI CONTROL (KIMONO)
All players must compete in AJP Approved GI.
It is mandatory to every player to bring a white kimono and a colored kimono(blue kimono or black kimono).
All the competitors of the same team must enter the contest with the same color of kimono. It will be checked prior to the fight.
• If an athlete does not respect the Gi rules, the athlete will not be permitted to pass the GI Control. The athlete will have 3 minutes to change, otherwise he will be disqualified from the contest and his team will start the contest losing by 4 points counted as submission.
Markings and Advertising
Please note: On all advertising spaces it is strictly prohibited to promote tobacco, alcohol, any substances listed in the doping code, or any product or service contrary to public morals.
Detailed information is available at AJP website.
Code of behavior of coaches as defined in the AJP Tour Regulations will be strictly observed, inclusive the Dress Code.
• One coach will be allowed at the field of play during the competition.
• Coaches are not allowed to speak with the referee during the fights.
- Coaches are not allowed to request the VAR
• Coaches are not allowed to speak with the coach of the other team during the fight.
• Coaches are not allowed to say any bad word while coaching their athletes. Neither for the other player or staffs and referees.
• If a coach doesn't follow these rules, she/he can be expelled from the competition area.
• If coaches persist with such behavior the AJP Accreditation will be taken away for the day. If the coach still persists with this behavior from outside the competition area, she/he could be penalized further.